Return To Careers
Reports To: Director of Sales
Location: Seattle, WA
Position is: Exempt
Powerit Solutions is the emerging leader in energy management controls solutions for industrial & commercial facilities seeking to manage their use of power to create savings and increase efficiency. The company’s products and services provide a unique solution for these users to participate in peak demand control and demand response programs; solutions that are quickly becoming the most clean and cost effective methods of avoiding increases in electrical generation & instances of capacity crisis. Powerit Solutions is seeking to grow their team in order to manage and support the significant demand for their products and services.
The mission of the Field Applications Engineer is to technically support SPARA system applications based on assigned customer market segments and individual customer technical requirements. The Field Applications Engineer will communicate directly with customers, perform energy audits at commercial and industrial facilities and be a member of Powerit Solutions’ sales force in developing detailed technical proposals.
In support of Powerit Solutions’ ongoing business development requirements the Field Applications Engineer will: interface with prospects and key decision makers, technically qualify prospects, understand his/her customers’ needs and concerns, develop and present Powerit Solutions – SPARA proposals to customers and channel partners, assist the sales team to close new business opportunities, achieve or exceed a set of established quotas through direct sales to customers and through business channels, such as ESCO’s and agents, and prepare and submit accurate technical/vertical reports.
- Territory will be the geographic region covered by the entire sales force. Duties will be divided amongst sales team members on an as needed basis and based on skill sets of BDEs.
- Complete Savings Analysis Reports from bills / interval data / tariff information
- Travel to sites to perform audits as required – with or without BDE
- Develop Visio drawings, evaluate / determine load lists, determine system configuration
- Obtain quotes for outside services that may be needed – PLC programming, VFDs, other
- Assist BDEs with developing proposals
- Assist Sales Manager with special projects (product training, white paper development, application training, utility partnerships, etc)
- Post sales activities – support selling upgrades, review support contracts, customer satisfaction
- Pre-sales support - BDEs / ISR should go to FAE for answers to technical questions first.
- Participate in industry events, tradeshows, trainings and webinars as required.
- Support channel sales teams (reps, partners, etc.) through visits, trainings, etc.
- 3 – 8 years of experience in selling, architecting industrial engineering solutions and working in a pre-sales role
- Ability to work as a solid member and leader of a team
- Self-starter, and be able to manage expectations with a sales team and with customers
- Positive attitude and desire to build a business within a business
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Frequent travel to customer sites is required. Customer sites are commercial and industrial facilities and could include cramped spaces, loud noises, chemicals and fumes, dust, heights and other work safety hazards.
- Above average amount of overtime or extended work hours may be required
- Normal physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place
- Above average agility, which includes ability to maneuver body while in place, the ability to climb stairs and ladders, ability to crawl into and out of confining spaces as needed
- Normal physical strength to handle routine office materials and tools
- Normal physical strength to handle 25-pound objects, taking frequency into consideration
- Normal dexterity of hands and fingers
- Normal coordination, including eye-hand, hand-foot
- Normal endurance
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary is based upon experience and skills
- Excellent company benefits and a fun, dynamic work environment