Reports To: Director of Technical Services
Location: Seattle WA
Position is: Exempt
Powerit Solutions is looking for a Support Engineer. We are a successful Seattle-based growth driven Cleantech company that plugs energy-intensive businesses into the smart grid. Powerit’s Spara technology enables users to automatically increase energy efficiency, cut peak-rate usage, participate in demand response programs, and respond to dynamic pricing advantageously—without compromising quality, production, or comfort. For more information, visit the Powerit Solutions website.
The company is ranked number 71 on the 2010 Technology Fast 500™; Deloitte’s ranking of the 500 fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences and clean technology companies in North America. Powerit was also named to the 2009 Global Cleantech 100 list, earning recognition for the commercial and environmental promise of its technology.
The mission of the Support Engineer is to support Spara Demand Management Systems deployed at industrial and commercial facilities. The Support Engineer will act as the primary contact for all support calls and cases from Spara end-users as well as Powerit partners that have purchased licenses for the Spara DM product. This position will include taking support calls, identifying issues, and progressing through cases per Powerit’s Service Level Agreements (SLAs). The Support Engineer will also perform Spara configuration, programming and testing. Testing will include that of Spara DM applications as well as identification/classification of software bugs and the verification of software bug fixes. The Support Engineer will also work as internal programming and commissioning support for Powerit’s Implementation team. The Support Engineer will also provide remote Spara system training for operators and users. Some limited travel may be required.
- Fielding support calls and documenting case work
- Working with customer and implementation to find and identify solutions to the issues presented
- Reviewing Spara programming and/or electrical drawings to determine source of issues
- Making Spara programming changes and updates per customer or Implementation engineer’s request
- Analyzing Spara program configurations and customer data to optimize system
- Documenting and reporting of software bugs and/or malfunctions
- Testing new software releases for bugs and/or malfunctions
- Conducting customer and/or partner user and support training
- Ideal Candidate will have a Bachelors Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering (Technical degree or equivalent experience may be acceptable)
- Experience with function block programming
- Experience with reading electrical schematics/wiring diagrams
- Candidate must have strong PC skills, PC networking knowledge in addition to technical writing skills
- This individual should be confident, professional and positive, a good listener, an excellent communicator, comfortable interfacing with contractors, operators or senior level leadership, focus on meeting the customer’s needs and work well independently or within a team environment.
- Familiarity with industrial automation such as PLCs, HMIs and VFDs a plus.
- Familiarity with industrial processes such as refrigeration, heating, cooling, machine control a plus
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
- Limited travel ( < than 10% ) may be required
- Some after-hours and average amount of overtime or extended work hours may be required
- Normal physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place
- Above average agility, which includes ability to maneuver body while in place, the ability to climb stairs and ladders, ability to crawl into and out of confining spaces as needed
- Normal physical strength to handle routine office materials and tools
- Normal physical strength to handle 25-pound objects, taking frequency into consideration
- Normal dexterity of hands and fingers
- Normal coordination, including eye-hand, hand-foot
- Normal endurance
Powerit Solutions Core Values:
ACHIEVE OUR GOALS, BE TRUE TO OUR VALUES
- Our Customers, Our World
- We place the highest priority on providing innovative products and services that are valued greatly by our customers while improving the efficient use of the earth’s resources.
- Value & Respect
- We will value and respect people as individuals and as team members, without regard for title or tenure. We will hold each other accountable and will communicate in a productive and ego-free manner.
- We engage with each other, our customers and our partners honestly and with uncompromising integrity.
- We love what we do and our thirst for excellence is inspiring and infectious.
- Pursuit of Growth
- We are focused on growing rapidly in a smart, sustainable and scalable fashion. We will pursue our goals with a sense of urgency but without panic or unproductive pressure
Powerit Solutions is an emerging leader in energy management solutions for industrial & commercial facilities seeking to manage their use of power to create savings and increase efficiency. The company’s products (Spara EMS) and services provide a unique solution for these users to participate in peak demand control - demand response programs solutions that are quickly becoming the most clean and cost effective methods of avoiding increases in electrical generation & instances of capacity crisis. Powerit Solutions is seeking to grow their team in order to manage and support the significant demand for their product and services.