Return to Careers
Job Title: Business Development Engineer
Reports To: Director of Sales
Location: Northeast U.S.
Position is: Exempt
Powerit Solutions is the emerging leader in energy management controls solutions for industrial & commercial facilities seeking to manage their use of power to create savings and increase efficiency. The company’s products and services provide a unique solution for these users to participate in peak demand control and demand response programs; solutions that are quickly becoming the most clean and cost effective methods of avoiding increases in electrical generation & instances of capacity crisis. Powerit Solutions is seeking to grow their team in order to manage and support the significant demand for their product and services.
The mission of the Business Development Engineer is to technically qualify and develop SPARA system applications based on assigned customer market segments and individual customer technical requirements. The Business Development Engineer will communicate directly with customers, perform energy audits at commercial and industrial facilities and be a member of Powerit Solution’s sales force in developing detailed technical proposals.
In support of Powerit Solutions’ ongoing business development requirements the Business Development Engineer will: identify prospects and key decision makers, contact and qualify prospects, understand his/her customers’ needs and concerns, develop & present Powerit Solutions – SPARA proposals to customers and channel partners, close new business opportunities, achieve or exceed a set of established sales quotas through direct sales to customers and through business channels, such as ESCO’s and agents, and prepare and submit accurate technical reports including monthly sales projections in the applicable region.
Business Development Engineer activities:
- Perform prospecting and lead follow up activities to generate new business opportunities
- Perform energy audits for commercial and industrial facilities
- Understand and evaluate energy and operational savings opportunities for customers
- Develop energy management solutions involving SPARA systems
- Provide preliminary cost estimating for SPARA systems and develop firm project proposals
- Perform life-cycle financial modeling of baseline and developed technical solutions
- Develop Powerit Solutions’ products and services presentations and deliver to customer groups
- Close new customer projects and provide ongoing information to maximize sales volume
- Communicate with customers to understand their needs and their concerns
- Ensure that SPARA solutions are in accordance with customer operational & savings goals
- Travel to customer locations
- Technical degree or equivalent experience
- Electrical knowledge or experience a plus
- 2-3 years of experience in technical and/or selling capacity for: process automation, facility automation, controls equipment or energy services
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Excellent verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated & verifiable record of successfully selling and or supporting technical products
- Candidate should maintain a professional appearance and have the ability to travel 50% of the time
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Ability to work independently yet have strong team & leadership skills
- Familiarity with MS products, ability to reconfigure a PC and general computer skills
- Strong team orientation
- Frequent travel to customer sites is required. Customer sites are commercial and industrial facilities and could include cramped spaces, loud noises, chemicals and fumes, dust, heights and other work safety hazards.
- Above average amount of overtime or extended work hours may be required
- Normal physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place
- Above average agility, which includes ability to maneuver body while in place, the ability to climb stairs and ladders, ability to crawl into and out of confining spaces as needed
- Normal physical strength to handle routine office materials and tools
- Normal physical strength to handle 25-pound objects, taking frequency into consideration
- Normal dexterity of hands and fingers
- Normal coordination, including eye-hand, hand-foot
- Normal endurance
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary is based upon experience and skills
- Excellent company benefits and a fun, dynamic work environment
Think you've got what it takes? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to Careers